The Firm of Owiti, Otieno & Ragot Advocates was registered in January 2016 but began its formal operations in June 2016. The firm was created out of a merger between Odhiambo Owiti & Company, that had been in existence since 1997 and Otieno Ragot & Company which had been since 2001. The merger of the two law firms was necessitated by our need to widen our scope of legal practice in terms of the nature of work undertaken and the capacity to perform and discharge our duties to our clients effectively and efficiently. We have consistently grown over the past few years to the current membership of over eight advocates. It is note-worthy that the Firm has also trained a good number of advocates some of which presently sit in the judiciary and inevitable organizations in various capacities.
We aspire to be a premier law firm providing excellent service efficiently and with integrity. In pursuit of this mission, we are guided by our core values which are critical to our existence as a law firm.
- Integrity: We adhere to high ethical standards in our practice of law. We also protect client information that is sensitive, private or confidential.
- Respect: We strive to treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve; we value other people’s contributions and uphold professional values at all times.
- Service: By combining our commitment to excellence, service and quality with professional resources available to us, we strive to be the very best in the delivery of our legal services to our clients.
- Excellence: We uphold the philosophy of continuous improvement in all that we do. To us, every-day is a new learning experience through which we can improve ourselves and the quality of what we offer
Get to know us
Your ultimate legal partner
With three partners who also double up as advocates, OOR Advocates is a well established, medium-size business law firm with substantial national capacity through a network of associates, giving us a good share in the ever growing legal demand market. The firm’s client base includes local, national and international companies across a broad range of sectors; from emerging businesses to multi-nationals, as well as public sector organizations.
As a new generation law firm, we have overcome the struggles of empowerment and transformation by taking a leading role in the creation of a new generation multi-disciplinary law firm that addresses the desires of its clients through a holistic approach. We acknowledge diversity and equal opportunity as key issues for meaningful and sustainable participation in the post-millennial development goals.
- To provide consistent, quality and prompt legal services to all our clients.
- To strictly adhere to professional codes of conduct and to practice law along very professional lines.
- To ensure a fundamental relationship of trust and confidentiality and distinguish the legal field from other consultancies.
- To provide high quality legal services focusing on the satisfaction and needs of both our corporate and individual clients.
We have a professional indemnity cover of up to Kshs.500,000,000.00 from Old Mutual-UAP Insurance Co. Limited which means that all claims, suits and undertakings of whatever nature which have been entrusted to us by our respective clients are safe and guaranteed.